BREAD is TO PSAUMI in Greek
Bread is often flavoured with cheese, herbs, raisins. There are special loaves of bread for virtually every ORTHODOX FEAST.
Tip: You will usually see that the bread is pre-cut but not fully cut !!! This is for two reasons: the first is symbolic of sharing bread in a very religious sense, while the second more prosaic can ensure that the bread is fresh and that moreover it is not a jumble of pieces already served to previous customers. . Yes, i !!!!
- Bread, pie… There are countless variations. Herbs, cheese, sausage, spinach… But the undisputed star is pita gyros, pork, chicken, beef or lamb with tomato slices, onion rings, tzatziki sauce.
- All rolled-tight, wrapped in aluminum foil.
The pita gyros a Greek regal
A LEROS WE RECOMMEND THE GYROS TIS KAMARAS
- It is a hot puff pastry filled with FETA, (it can be eaten cruisThe tiropita in Greece constitute the breakfast of the Greeks. Indeed, it does not take continental type breakfast…. it is rather, in the morning around 9am-10amthe coffee struck or café elliniko (see photo below) accompanied by the famous tyropita … They can be found all over Greece, in bakeries or snack bars. These are slippers in the shape of a very appetizing half-moon just to see them
- Spinach-stuffed puff pastry
- round buns sprinkled with sesame
- a kind of sweet pita, filled with custard and sprinkled with cinnamon, which you eat for breakfast.