GREEK DESSERTS – GLIKA
Deserts are not served in restaurants. Only watermelon [KARPOUSI] is officiated digestive. Dessert is taken after going to one of the many patisserie of the island (Our recommendation REPAPIS to LAKKI as well as the shop SWEAT LEROS in PANDELI for its LOUKOUMADES that you can taste on the beach!!
- ke meli? (honey) will answer you by offering you delicious thyme honey produced in these islands. pure natural and a dessert enjoyed in taverns. With the delicious honey from DODEKANISOS.
- Honey gateau, very consistent!! diamond-shaped cake made from puff pastry filled with walnuts, pistachio or almonds and topped with cinnamon or clove syrup. With some variants, we also find the KATAÏFI. This little sweetness with oriental flavours makes our taste buds sparkle. Contrary to what one can imagine, baklavas are very simple to prepare. And you will easily find all the necessary ingredients in any store. The https://vivreathenes.com/la-recette-des-baklavas-de-yia-yia-despina.html recipe
- This is the name of the traditional RODOScake, composed of sesame, honey, almonds and aromatics. It is consumed on special occasions and especially at weddings.
- Small fried doughnuts drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cannon
- This very sweet cake is made from vermicelli and honey. It is of Eastern origin.
- Angel hair…
This is the cake of AGHIOS VASILIOS, whose feast is celebrated the first of the year for PROTOCHRONIA.
The vassilopita is a bit of a cake of kings with a bean for the lucky ones that brings good luck all year round. In the islands more than to find it throughout the month of January, they are made by women to the delight of the family.
The recipe : https://vivreathenes.com/recette-de-la-vassilopita-grecque.html
Delicious almond cakes sprinkled with icing sugar. They are traditionally made for CHRISTMAS. They are then seen invading the windows of bakeries, next to the Melomakaronia.
The recipe https://vivreathenes.com/la-recette-des-kourabiedes.html
This flourless orange cake is very popular in Greece. Delicious, melting and fluffy… Impossible to resist! It also has the advantage of being easy to achieve with simple ingredients.